Published on January 6th, 2012 | by Chip Copeland3
News Dump: Nickleback sucks, Kanye, Grohl, Van Halen, Bjork, EMI vs. Grooveshark
THE NEWS DUMP IS BACK IN 2012!!!
Every Friday we give a rundown on some of this past weeks music news and other crap.
- The Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney took a dump on Nickleback in the pages of Rolling Stone.
[box]Rock & roll is dying because people became OK with Nickelback being the biggest band in the world, he says, blowing cigarette smoke out the window of his rented East Village loft a few days before the band heads to L.A. So they became OK with the idea that the biggest rock band in the world is always going to be shit — therefore you should never try to be the biggest rock band in the world. Fuck that! Rock & roll is the music I feel the most passionately about, and I don’t like to see it fucking ruined and spoon-fed down our throats in this watered-down, post-grunge crap, horrendous shit. When people start lumping us into that kind of shit, it’s like, ‘Fuck you,’ honestly.[/box]
It’s funny cuz it’s true!
You can check out more of the cover story excerpt here.
- Dave Grohl has collaborated with members of 80′s hair metal and Aquanet spokesmen RATT for a new project. (NME)
- Kanye West is apparently the next Steve Jobs. Or at least he likens his new company Donda to Apple. WTF? (Mashable)
- Lana Del Rey signed with Next Model Management. Who the hell is Lana Del Rey? (Billboard)
- BjÃ¶rk is bringing her multimedia extravaganza Biophilia to New York City for a 10 night residency. It’s educational too! (AltSounds)
- EMI is suing Grooveshark… again. (Digital Music News)